Friday 22 October 2010

Three out of Three

Last batch of work for Christmas exhibitions delivered yesterday, for "Kaleidoscope" at the Platform Gallery (Clitheroe, Lancs.). This time it's all framed pieces, continuing my fascination for multiple small shape floating above the background to cast shadows. The pic below shows a close up of my favourite new design - a mass of tiny butterflies hand cut from an old plant catalogue. More pics on my website in the Shadow Play gallery.
This week also saw the opening of the Craven Contemporary Christmas exhibition in Skipton, with a packed private view on Wednesday evening. This is a different one for me as it includes paintings as well as so-called "crafts" such as textiles, jewellery and ceramics. Hmmm... they're all art and they're all craft to me, any distinction seems false. Looking forward to having plenty of time for a close look when I do my stints on the stewarding rota.

No comments: