Saturday 3 December 2011

Sample Diary–November

Not much further to go now! I was determined to post this today but the light is awful so apologies for even worse than usual photos.GD44

Week 44 - Autumn foliage at Newstead Abbey, Notts.  Dyed scrims embellished onto felt from the back.

GD45

Week 45 – Launch of the new Greenpeace Rainbow Warrior.  Digitised machine embroidery. Not perfect, but you get the idea.

GD46

Week 46 – Rolled up garments, illustrating article about increased prices.  Thick wool yarns applied to felt using the embellisher. 

GD47

Week 47 – “Field of Light” art installation in Bath.  Free machined, trailing threads fixed down with Misty Fuse.

Only one more month to do, though it’s a five week one at a busy time… thoughts turn to next year’s project? I enjoyed using bought diaries for my first four years (!) of this, it’s a good challenge to do something you wouldn’t necessarily choose plus I liked being able to look ahead and make notes for future weeks. Using newspaper pictures this year was tougher, but I doubt I can go back to a diary as there’s not much choice of suitable/appealing ones (A5-ish with an illustration for each week) that are different to the ones I’ve done already. Maybe I could take my own photo to use each week? Hmm…

No comments: