Saturday 17 October 2015

Samples 2015: Week 40, VW

Aluminium, embossed and machine stitched onto black Kunin felt over craft Vilene.

Source picture
From this article in the Saturday Guardian 03/10/15:
“VW drivers in UK to escape higher emissions tax, government vows. Transport secretary calms fears that owners of cars caught cheating emissions tests might be forced to pay higher vehicle excise duty linked to pollution.”
 
Photograph: AFP/Getty
Sample design
That badge, shiny silver, but not a complete copy… At first  I thought I’d use metallic fabric, then remembered all the real metal leftover from when I made stitched copper and aluminium jewellery and clocks. Aluminium seemed perfect, and just this little bit was enough to remind me of all the snags in stitching metal! Can be quite effective though, maybe I’ll play a little more.    

No comments: