Sunday 1 January 2017

Samples 2016: 52, Grid/Sunset

Last sample of the year – I just have to play with soluble fabric again! I machined a grid of shaded orange on Solufleece. Then I filled it with raised chain band and running stitch/weaving using stranded cottons in shades of orange, yellow, pink and mauve.
 
I love how the raised chain band looks like little hearts when the fabric’s disappeared.
 
So that’s it – TEN YEARS of weekly samples completed, with a different theme each year.  I think it’s time I gave it a rest. I’ve tried before, but soon missed the project too much. I’m going to try harder this time, but who knows... Just as everyone else seems to be getting involved in weekly exercises, I'm stopping - ahead of my time, or just plain awkward?!
    


2 comments:

Beverley said...

Wow, what an achievement. Lots to look through, enjoy and spark ideas from.

Emma said...

lovely, definitely ahead of your time! You don't need to stop completely, just give yourself a new challenge.....each week ;)