Sunday 12 August 2012

One door closes…

Ship

Yesterday I attended my last meeting of Textilia III, the textile art group that has been a big part of my life for 10 years.

I’ve learned, shared and enjoyed such a lot over that time; it’s been full of challenges but great fun too. So leaving is a huge step into the unknown. But I felt I was stuck in a comfy rut and needed to shock myself into seeking out new opportunities. I can’t do things by halves – being committed to Textilia, its monthly meetings, workshops, frequent exhibitions, plus running the website, meant I couldn’t think of committing to anything else in textile art, but it was time for a change.

So now I’m free to… what? Start a new group, aim for a solo exhibition, write a book? Or something else altogether? I have no idea what the next step is.

Watch this space! And wish me luck, it’s not going to be easy…

(Photo – ploughing on through stormy seas. Antarctica, 2009. Apt?!)

1 comment:

Gina said...

I know what you mean about being stuck in a rut and needing new challenges - I feel the same. Good luck with whatever you do. It takes a brave decision to leave something familiar.