Is there now an EIGHTH annual set of 52 samples jostling for space here, or was it abandoned?
And, which of those outcomes would be the biggest achievement for me?!
I’m a little disappointed to confess that once again I just HAD TO complete it.
But I did manage not to blog about it all year, so here’s the catch up.
The idea was to do absolutely any textile technique as long as the sample fitted on a 5 cm square of card.
- not challenging enough, I could stay in my comfort zone
- too much choice, for a quick weekly exercise I prefer more constraints
- 5 cm is pretty small!
- Hand embroidery (lots – that was nice for a change; tried some new stitches too)
- Machine embroidery (not much, I spend the rest of my time on that)
- Embellisher (love it but not much scope at this size)
- Crochet (aaah... wish I had more use for this)
So, it still makes a nice change from the day job!
And I end up with a great collection of samples to trawl through when I’m looking for inspiration. Now I should really make all those little squares a special box, shouldn’t I…