Tuesday 17 November 2015

Samples 2015: Week 44, Wires

There’s no background fabric here, just threads! White and shaded blue pearl cotton, hand stitched on soluble fabric.
 
Source picture
From this article in the Saturday Guardian 31/10/15:
“New law to tell internet service providers to retain browsing data. Lobbying by police ahead of investigatory powers bill suggests ISPs will be required to keep data for 12 months.”
 
GCHQ says it carries out bulk interception of online data only if a search warrant has been served. Photograph: MatthiolaC/Alamy
Sample design
Oh I do like embroidery without fabric, and that’s exactly what those tangled wires looked like to me! Though I did consider other techniques, the wires are actually striped. Common sense, and the usual need to catch up, prevailed and I allowed myself to do separate white and blue wires.

No comments: