Wednesday 25 November 2015

Samples 2015: Week 46, Fireworks

Spontaneous free machining in bright rayon threads. The fabric is white cotton backed with heavyweight iron on stabiliser (so I didn’t have to use a hoop).

Source picture
From this article in the Saturday Guardian 14/11/15:
“Bridget Christie: Want to avoid other people’s music? May the force be with you. I’m made to listen to other people’s music choices, against my will, on public transport, in restaurants and lifts, in shops, when I’m on hold, even when giving birth.”
Illustration: Nishant Choksi for the Guardian
Sample design
The image called for a quick, sketchy response, and hand stitching didn’t suit the long curving lines, so it had to be FME. I thought about using a black, night sky, background, but decided the white and bright was what drew me to this image so I stuck with that.

No comments: